International Babywearing Week is here! At Sheffield Slings we have over 175 members in our Facebook group. Most of them are from Sheffield or its locality, but we do have others who have joined us from further afield- Edinburgh, Birmingham and even Australia!
We have lots of great events planned to celebrate International Babywearing Week (IBW). There’s a walk on Sunday 7th Oct from Endcliffe Park through Porter Brook to Forge Dam (where there will be cake!), a coffee, cake and slings meet at cafe @851 on Tuesday 9th, a birthday party for Chesterfield Sling Library’s 1st birthday on Wednesday 10th, and a walk round the animal farm at Graves Park with a picnic and cake in the Rose cafe on Friday 12th. Do you spot a theme? 😉
We know that not all of our members can make these meets. Some work during the week, others have limited transport, and some are too far away to get to us. We wanted to involve all of our 175+ members in our celebrations for IBW, so we are holding a photograph competition during IBW.
There are 10 categories which include: carrying newborns, carrying older children, extreme babywearing, biggest wrap fail captured on film, and a special children carrying toys/siblings category.
Prizes have been generously donated by admins and babywearing companies and include:
- a nursing necklace given by Mama TwoFish
- 10%, 15% and £10 off vouchers from Chunkle Munkle
- £5 voucher from our very own Tuesday’s Child
- a teething necklace from H3idiho Designs
- a sock monkey made by Louise
- a children’s Mei Tai and a crochet Boob hat made by Stitchy
- a batch of fresh cupcakes baked with love by Lily
- a cute wrap scrap owl by Sookypads
The competition begins on Saturday 6th October and entries can be posted until 13th Oct. Voting by the members will then start, with the winners announced on the evening of Saturday 13th Oct.
Good luck to our members! 😀
Rules of the competition:
- Any Sheffield Sling member can upload photographs, with no limit (within reason) to the amount of entries allowed.
- Entries need to be uploaded to the appropriate album and not onto the board. If you have problems adding the photo to the album, you may put it on the main board temporarily- tag any admin in the comments and say which category you are entering- the admin will then move your photo for you.
- Voting will be done via the ‘like’ function in Facebook. Please wait until Saturday 13th Oct to vote so all members have time to upload their photos. You may vote more than once, and for your own photos.
- Voting closes at 5pm on Saturday 13th Oct.
- The winners in each category will be the photo with the most ‘likes’.
- Winners will be announced and tagged on the boards on Saturday evening. The winner with the most ‘likes’ overall will be asked to choose their prize first, followed by the second winner and so on until all prizes are allocated.
- Category 9 (children BW) and Category 10 (Best use of CSL carrier) have specific prizes allocated to the winner of that category.
- This competition is being run by Sheffield Slings for the members of the group, and is intended as a fun activity. No profit is made from this competition.