International Babywearing Week is here again! Since last year our group has grown from 175 members to 650+! And since not all of our members are in Sheffield, or able to get to all our meets due to work or other commitments, we're repeating our hugely successful photo competition for everyone to take part in.
Just like last year, we have a week full of meets. Kiddicare store on Monday, Dog friendly walk Tuesday, Café @851 Wednesday, Demo Stash meet at the Victoria Centre (with a gorgeous lunch!) on Thursday, Flash Mobbing Sheffield Train Station on Friday (and celebratory cake afterwards) and a family walk on Saturday… not to mention the other mini-meets and spontaneous last minute gatherings we're famous for!
We know that not all of our members can make these meets. Some work during the week, others have limited transport, and some are too far away to get to us. We wanted to involve all of our 650+ members in our celebrations for IBW, so we are holding another photograph competition during the week.
There are 10 categories which include: carrying newborns, carrying older children, extreme babywearing, biggest wrap fail captured on film, and a special children carrying toys/siblings category.
Prizes have been generously donated by admins, local and babywearing companies and include:
◾a voucher for a premium Lego minifig from for the best phot of a babywearing daddy
◾a fiddle necklace and bracelet set given by for the best photo of a newborn or baby up to 1 year old
◾a custom taggy blanket made by for the photo of your best memory while babywearing
◾a free hire and demo from
◾a free hire and CSL mug from
◾a children’s Mei Tai
◾a pamper hamper of Avon products
◾a custom pair of babylegs
plus many other goodies!
The competition begins on Saturday 5th October and entries can be posted until 11th Oct. Voting by the members will then start, with the winners announced on the evening of Sunday 13th Oct.
The winning photos from last year are at the bottom of this post.
Good luck to our members! 😀
Rules of the competition:
1. Any Sheffield Sling member can upload photographs, with no limit (within reason) to the amount of entries allowed.
2. Entries need to be uploaded to the appropriate album and not onto the board. If you have problems adding the photo to the album, you may put it on the main board temporarily- tag any admin in the comments and say which category you are entering- the admin will then move your photo for you.
3. Voting will be done via the ‘like’ function in Facebook. Please wait until Saturday 12th Oct to vote so all members have time to upload their photos. You may vote more than once, and for your own photos.
4. Voting closes at 5pm on Sunday 13th Oct.
5. The winners in each category will be the photo with the most ‘likes’.
6. Winners will be announced and tagged on the boards on Sunday evening. The winner with the most ‘likes’ overall will be asked to choose their prize first, followed by the second winner and so on until all prizes are allocated.
7. Categories 1, 2, 6, 9 and 10 have specific prizes allocated to the winner of that category.
8. This competition is being run by Sheffield Slings for the members of the group, and is intended as a fun activity. No profit is made from this competition.